Reducing Energy Consumption in Operations
Aiming for a 30% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions from the FY 2014 level by the end of FY 2031, we are implementing various energy conservation measures at all our plants and business sites in Japan.
Energy Conservation Target and Progress
Target: Reduce energy intensity by 2% or more year on year
● Historical Energy Intensity Data
Energy intensity worsened in FY 2021 as production output decreased due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Energy Conservation Efforts
We implemented various energy saving measures at all our plants and business sites in Japan. That includes improving the efficiency of air-conditioning equipment by switching to high-efficiency models and cleaning the fins on outdoor units, changing the operating conditions of production systems for better efficiency, and boosting production yields to cut down facility running time. We have also replaced 11,500 lighting devices with LED lighting as of March 2021. We will continue with this change over to LEDs as we move ahead.
Major Energy-saving Measures
- Temporarily shutting down air conditioners and total heat exchangers
- Installing heat shielding film and blinds on skylights and veranda glass
- Reducing unnecessary lighting and reviewing the amount of office equipment in operation
- Using electric fans to reduce electricity use by air conditioners
- Sharing cooler spaces by changing the floor layout
- Using a demand monitoring system* for equipment operation
* A demand monitoring system measures maximum power demand (i.e., demand values) continuously, 24 hours a day, and sends out an alarm when the set target value is about to be exceeded.