Social Contribution Activities around the Globe
Kyocera Document Solutions America and Deutschland
Donating Christmas Gifts to Children
Employees of Kyocera Document Solutions America participated in Toys for Tots, a charity program that distributes toys to less fortunate children at Christmas. In 2020, our 15th year of partnering with the program, employees donated about 50 toys for tots just ahead of Christmas. Also, employees at Kyocera Document Solutions Deutschland bought 40 gifts and donated them to Initiative Schmetterling Neuss e.V., a local NPO. It was the third year the company participated in this charity program. This NPO supports families with children suffering from life-threatening diseases, and these Christmas gifts were given to children through the NPO.
Kyocera Document Solutions Australia
Participation in Business Clean Up Day
Since 2003, Kyocera Document Solutions Australia has participated in Business Clean Up Day, a volunteer cleanup event that takes place annually across Australia. In FY 2021, 17 employees participated in the event and cleaned up Magdala Park located about three kilometers away from their office building in a suburb of Sydney.
Kyocera Document Solutions Development Philippines
Supporting Typhoon Victims
Employees donated relief supplies such as clothes, drinking water, canned food, and toiletries to communities in southern Luzon that were severely affected by typhoons that struck in October and November 2020. This donation was made in the spirit of "bayanihan," the traditional Filipino custom of helping one another.
Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa
Supporting NPO to Train and Employ Disadvantaged People
Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa has supported a nonprofit organization, Potters House Training Center, since 2006. The training center provides vocational training that leads to jobs for individuals from historically disadvantaged groups that had languished under years of apartheid. That includes basic education and training on maintenance, inspection, and repair of office equipment, made possible by donations from Kyocera Document Solutions South Africa that cover the training center's operational costs. Trainees who have undergone one year of training and passed the year-end examination are offered employment at our South African head office or distributors in surrounding areas.
Kyocera Document Solutions Thailand
Donating Traffic Signs to Police Stations
Kyocera Document Solutions Thailand donated traffic signs to police stations in suburban Bangkok. A hundred and sixty signs were donated to Bang Bua Thong Police Station and 100 signs were donated to Bangyai Police Station. These donations will go a long way toward improving traffic congestion in Thailand.
Kyocera Document Solutions Canada
Donating Food to Local Food Bank
Employees donated 212 pounds (approximately 96 kilograms) of food to the Mississauga Food Bank in time for the Christmas season. The food bank provided approximately 150,000 meals to 1,100 people from over 500 households in need of assistance last year.
- KYOCERA Document Solutions' CSR
- Environmental report
- Efforts at Production Centers and Offices
- Efforts at Each Stage of Product Life Cycle
- Product Development Stage - ECOSYS Concept
- Raw Materials and Parts Procurement - Control of Chemical Substances Contained in Products
- Distribution - ECO Logistics
- Product Use - Evaluating the Environmental Impact of Products
- Product Use - Environmentally Friendly Products
- Product Use - Compliance with Environmental Labelling Requirements
- Product End of Life - Collection and Recycling of Used Toner Containers
- Social performance report
- Plant report
- Tamaki Plant (Mie, Japan)
- Hirakata Plant (Osaka, Japan)
- China Plant
- Vietnam plant
- Archived feature articles
- Feature in FY2019 : Efforts for Biodiversity Conservation
- Feature in FY2014 : Reformes to improve quality
- Feature in FY2013 : Social Contribution - "Aiming for a Society to Togetherness"
- Feature in FY2012 : Our pursuit of "Society/Environment-friendliness" crystallized into Smart MFPs
- Feature in FY2011 : Environmentally-conscious packaging design
- Shift to paper-based packaging materials-Started from the birth of Ecosys.
- With sufficient knowledge of both packaging materials and products, we were able to overcome the problems.
- Thorough verification and feedback have improved both products and packages.
- Pursuing higher goals, based on accumulated technologies.
- Feature in FY2010 : Social values of the TASKalfa series miltifunction products
- Feature in FY2009 : CSR activities at Kyocera Mita's Shilong Plant
- Feature in FY2008 : Kyocera Mita's environmental management centered on long-life-design printers and MFPs
- Download CSR Report