Creating a Lively Workplace
In order to realize our management philosophy which is "To pursue the physical and emotional well-being of all employees, while at the same time contributing to the progress and development of humanity and society." We aim to create a workplace where all employees can work actively while feeling rewarded and fulfilled. We as a company strive to prevent harassment in the workplace in accordance with the Kyocera Group CSR Guidelines.
In order to realize our management philosophy, we are implementing measures based on the following three basic concepts:
- 1Responding to changes in the social environment, such as diversification of values and aging population
- 2Responding to changes in the working environment, such as job mobility and globalization of corporate activities
- 3Building a personnel system that can respond appropriately and quickly to changes while always being aware of the characteristics and life culture of each country
Human rights initiatives
The Kyocera Group supports and participates in the principles of the United Nations Global Compact, which sets forth 10 principles on human rights, labor, the environment and anti-corruption. In addition, the Kyocera Group Human Rights Policy prohibits forced labor, child labor, and discriminatory behavior based on gender, age, ideological beliefs, nationality, and physical characteristics, and strives to prevent power harassment and sexual harassment in the workplace.
Prohibition of forced labor
In the Kyocera Group Human Rights Policy and the Kyocera Supply Chain CSR Procurement Guidelines, the Kyocera Group prohibits all forced labor and child labor, including slavery and human trafficking, and requires compliance by the entire Kyocera Group and its supply chain.
Prevention of Harassment
Harassment such as sexual harassment and power harassment in the workplace is a serious violation of human rights that denies the character of employees themselves, and it is absolutely unacceptable in society. As part of its human rights awareness activities, our company clarifies all harassment prohibitions in its employment regulations and continues to provide in-house education and training through e-learning for all employees and managers. In addition, we have established employee consultation desks at each office and maintain a system that allows anyone to consult at any time without hesitation.
Diversity Promotion Project
We aim to create an environment in which employees from various diverse backgrounds such as age, gender, nationality and culture can contribute to the organization by fully utilizing their abilities. In August 2014, we launched the Colorful Project. At its inception, this project focused on promoting the advancement of women, but now it has shifted its focus to Diversity & Inclusion(D&I), where not only women but also diverse human resources can play an active role. The members of the project are not only women, but also employees of different ages and nationalities, such as men, foreign nationals, persons with disabilities, seniors, and young people. As a result, we have conducted e-learning for all employees to gain a deeper understanding of Diversity & Inclusion, and held workshops where working moms and dads, foreign nationals, people with disabilities, and others from all walks of life gathered to exchange information, share challenges which they want to take on in the company, and share their own concerns. Participants also commented that they were able to expand their knowledge and perspectives and feel more positive. The network is further expanding across departments and generations.
- KYOCERA Document Solutions' CSR
- Environmental report
- Efforts at Production Centers and Offices
- Efforts at Each Stage of Product Life Cycle
- Product Development Stage - ECOSYS Concept
- Raw Materials and Parts Procurement - Control of Chemical Substances Contained in Products
- Distribution - ECO Logistics
- Product Use - Evaluating the Environmental Impact of Products
- Product Use - Environmentally Friendly Products
- Product Use - Compliance with Environmental Labelling Requirements
- Product End of Life - Collection and Recycling of Used Toner Containers
- Social performance report
- Plant report
- Tamaki Plant (Mie, Japan)
- Hirakata Plant (Osaka, Japan)
- China Plant
- Vietnam plant
- Archived feature articles
- Feature in FY2019 : Efforts for Biodiversity Conservation
- Feature in FY2014 : Reformes to improve quality
- Feature in FY2013 : Social Contribution - "Aiming for a Society to Togetherness"
- Feature in FY2012 : Our pursuit of "Society/Environment-friendliness" crystallized into Smart MFPs
- Feature in FY2011 : Environmentally-conscious packaging design
- Shift to paper-based packaging materials-Started from the birth of Ecosys.
- With sufficient knowledge of both packaging materials and products, we were able to overcome the problems.
- Thorough verification and feedback have improved both products and packages.
- Pursuing higher goals, based on accumulated technologies.
- Feature in FY2010 : Social values of the TASKalfa series miltifunction products
- Feature in FY2009 : CSR activities at Kyocera Mita's Shilong Plant
- Feature in FY2008 : Kyocera Mita's environmental management centered on long-life-design printers and MFPs
- Download CSR Report