Kyocera Document Solutions Announces Renewal of ISMS Cloud Security Certification for Cloud Services
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. (President: Norihiko Ina, hereinafter "Kyocera") has announced the renewal of its ISMS Cloud Security Certification, which is based on the ISO/IEC 27017 international security standard for cloud services. Kyocera obtained the certification for the first time in 2017, becoming the first organization in the document device industry to do so※1. The certification was renewed after an audit process to confirm compliance with audit standards.
The ISMS※2 Cloud Security Certification is a third-party certification which recognizes adequate information security management for cloud security to protect important data from various threats and mitigate risks.
Nowadays, as cloud services are increasingly being used in a variety of industries, tighter security control and management are required in accordance with the latest international standards regarding data security and the handling of personal information. Kyocera is working to achieve comprehensive control of security for data created in customers' document workflows. With the renewal of its ISMS Cloud Security Certification, the company will continually strive to improve its quality of document solution services and provide cloud services that are safer, more secure, and more flexible, thus contributing to the development of its customers' businesses.
Outline of ISMS Cloud Security Certification Registration
Kyocera Document Solutions Inc.
November 17, 2017
October 22, 2020
ISO/IEC27001 (JIS Q 27001) Certificate Number: IS 735190
The ISMS cloud security management system for the development, operation and maintenance of "KYOCERA Fleet Services"※3 as its cloud service provider, and for the use of Microsoft Azure as a cloud service customer
BSI Group Japan K.K.
- *1First time for a multifunctional product and printer manufacturer to obtain the ISMS Cloud Security Certification.
- *2System that manages security-related risks to information assets in an organization.
- *3KYOCERA Fleet Services: Service to provide remote control and maintenance of multifunctional products and printers. The remote maintenance service "ECOSYS NET" provided by Kyocera Document Solutions Japan, the sales company in Japan, uses KYOCERA Fleet Services.
- Customers except within EU
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc., Corporate Communication Section
- Customers within EU
KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe B.V.
- Kyocera Document Solutions Inc. ensures adherence to local data protection regulations. We have detected that your inquiry comes from within the EU. Therefore, due to the EU's General Data Protection Regulation, please note that your request will be forwarded to our regional headquarter: Kyocera Document Solutions Europe.