KYOCERA Document Solutions Wins the WorldStar Award of the World Packaging Organization - The new gauge detects impacts on a product's packaging during transportation
Osaka, Japan - March 2, 2015 -KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is pleased to announce that a new style shock gauge developed by the company has won the WorldStar Award in the Electronics category in the WorldStar Competition*1 organized by the World Packaging Organization (WPO). This is the seventh consecutive award and the ninth overall for the company.
The global competition is fought among the winners in a product packaging contest in each country*2. The WorldStar Awards are prestigious international prizes given in recognition of excellent quality of packaging evaluated for environmental compatibility, economic efficiency, and originality of packaging materials. The award ceremony will take place during IPACK-IMA 2015, the international trade fair for processing and packaging, to be held in Milan, Italy from May 19-23, 2015.
A shock gauge is widely used in the transportation of precision equipment to ensure delicate handling. A large impact on a package will spread coloring over the gauge, and thus raise awareness of carriers and the quality of transportation. The new-style shock gauge developed by KYOCERA has a larger and more visible colored surface compared with conventional shock gauges. From an environmental standpoint, the new shock gauge uses water-based flexographic ink*3 to color the cardboard. In addition, the gauge employs a simpler structure, enabling easier and more economical production. The company will continue improving the production of stable color for any specified impact, employ the new shock gauge for the transportation of A3 MFPs in the U.S., China and Europe, and expand their usage further.
This single shock gauge detects impacts on two adjacent surfaces.
An impact on one side triggers a whole color change on the gauge, producing excellent visibility.
All packaging materials used in the shipment of products developed by the Company are internally developed and designed, winning high reputation at home and abroad for its excellent technology. The Company will further continue its efforts to deliver the printers and MFPs safely to the customers all over the world.
- *1The competition was held in Colombo, Sri Lanka, on November 19, 2014. This year's competition received a total of 264 entries from 37 countries and awarded 148 applicants after screening
- *2The new shock gauge won the Electric Equipment Packaging Award in the Japan Packaging Contest 2014. The Japan Packaging Contest is the nation's largest competition in the field of packaging. The event is organized and held every year by the Japan Packaging Institute with the aim of promoting development and expansion of high-quality packages and packaging techniques across the country.
- *3Water-based flexographic ink is supposed to contain substantially low volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and thus is environmentally superior compared to conventional ink.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc.
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. headquartered in Osaka, Japan is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including color and monochrome multifunctional products and printers and wide format devices. KYOCERA's products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability, less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product.
The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimize and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment. KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31, 2014, KYOCERA Corporation's net sales totaled 1.45 trillion yen (approx. USD14.1 billion).
- Customers except within EU
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc., Corporate Communication Section
- Customers within EU
KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe B.V.
- Kyocera Document Solutions Inc. ensures adherence to local data protection regulations. We have detected that your inquiry comes from within the EU. Therefore, due to the EU's General Data Protection Regulation, please note that your request will be forwarded to our regional headquarter: Kyocera Document Solutions Europe.