KYOCERA to Acquire Cutting-Edge German ECM Solutions Provider
Osaka, Japan - September 18, 2015 - KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc.(President: Takashi Kuki, herein "KYOCERA") and Ceyoniq Holding GmbH(Chairman of the Management Board: André Ferlings), a German Enterprise Content Management(ECM*) solutions provider, announced today that they have signed a contract on September 16 (Germany local time) allowing KYOCERA to acquire all shares of four companies held by Ceyoniq Holding GmbH (herein "Ceyoniq Group"), making the Ceyoniq Group a wholly owned subsidiary of KYOCERA.
Located in Bielefeld, northwest Germany, the Ceyoniq Group provides a variety of ECM solutions mainly to major companies including those in electric power and finance, as well as government organizations in Germany. The Ceyoniq Group is especially recognized for its superior security technology and high customer satisfaction.
By joining KYOCERA, the Ceyoniq Group aims to strengthen its ECM business in the global market by utilizing KYOCERA's broad sales and distribution channels.
In addition to hardware-centered product development, KYOCERA will utilize the Ceyoniq Group's expertise in order to strengthen its foundation in the IT service market which is positioned as a growth area. By doing so, KYOCERA will further provide added value to its customers as a partner that contributes to the expansion of their business.
- *ECM: The collective term for software which enhances the efficiency of data handled in enterprises including paper documents.
Overview of the Ceyoniq Group
|Company Names||Ceyoniq Technology GmbH (Established in 2002)
Ceyoniq Media GmbH (Established in 2009)
Ceyoniq Consulting GmbH (Established in 2010)
Ceyoniq Innovations GmbH (Established in 2013)
|Location of Headquarters||Bielefeld, Germany (120km northeast of Dusseldorf)
* Other sites in Germany: Munich, Leipzig, Oldenburg
|Field of Business||ECM business|
|Number of Employees||Approx. 160|
|Timing of completion of acquisition procedures||October 30, 2015 (scheduled)|
- Customers except within EU
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc., Corporate Communication Section
- Customers within EU
KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe B.V.
- Kyocera Document Solutions Inc. ensures adherence to local data protection regulations. We have detected that your inquiry comes from within the EU. Therefore, due to the EU's General Data Protection Regulation, please note that your request will be forwarded to our regional headquarter: Kyocera Document Solutions Europe.
- *This news release is intended for the media, and is current, as of the date of publication.