KYOCERA Document Solutions Named a "Major Player" in IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Security Solutions and Services 2017
Osaka, Japan - November 14, 2017 - Kyocera Document Solutions Inc.(President: Norihiko Ina), one of the world's leading document solutions companies, announced that it has been recognized as a "Major Player" in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Security Solutions and Services Hardcopy 2017 Vendor Assessment*.
- *IDC MarketScape Worldwide Security Solutions and Services Hardcopy 2017 Vendor Assessment (October 2017, IDC #US41988517)
IDC MarketScape assesses the capability and business strategy of several vendors that participate in the worldwide security solutions and services market, and identifies vendors with strong offerings and well-integrated strategies for hardening the print environment and protecting access to business-critical information.
By analyzing customer's print and document infrastructure security, Kyocera Document Solutions provides a wide range of security solutions and services through a variety of delivery models and platforms.
Kyocera has accumulated security expertise globally and with recent acquisitions of Ceyoniq and DataBank, it further enhanced the offerings in the ECM and security space to address specific line of business applications and specific vertical markets like government, financial, pharmaceutical, education, and media. According to the IDC MarketScape report, "Kyocera's security strategy is built on approach for protecting the print and document infrastructure along several key vectors: device-level protection, user authentication, content management, compliance/standards, and consulting services." The report also notes, "Kyocera's strengths include a deep security solutions portfolio based on owned technology and support for partner solutions."
"Kyocera is taking a holistic approach to ensure the documents and data will remain secured during customer's entire document workflow with our proprietary security solutions and professional services," said Atsushi Yuki, Senior General Manager of Corporate Business Workflow & Solutions Division. "With the recent acquisitions of Ceyoniq, Annodata, and DataBank, Kyocera's security solution portfolio has deepened dramatically with top-notch ECM*1 solution, technical security assessment, and BPO*2 services meeting ISO/IEC 27001*3, SOC2 Type2*4, and other international standards. As part of the strategies to strengthen our company structure in security, Kyocera also emphasizes of becoming the first within the industry*5 to certify our cloud applications under ISO/IEC 27017*6from public certification authority," added Atsushi Yuki.
- *1ECM (Enterprise Content Management) is a set of defined processes, strategies and tools that allow a business to effectively obtain, organize, store and deliver critical information to its employees, business stakeholders and customers.
- *2BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) is the contracting of a specific business task to a third-party service provider.
- *3ISO/IEC 27001 is a specification for an information security management system (ISMS). An ISMS is a framework of policies and procedures that includes all legal, physical and technical controls involved in an organization's information risk management processes.
- *4SOC2 Type2 reports on various organizational controls related to security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality or privacy. A Type 2 report has an audit period and provides evidence of how an organization operated its controls over a period of time. The standard for regulating these five issues was formed under the AICPA Trust Services Principles and Criteria.
- *5First in the industry of MFP & Printer manufacturer for obtaining ISO/IEC27017 in its cloud applications (excluding private certificate, as of Nov XX 2017)
- *6ISO/IEC 27017 provides guidance on the information security aspects of cloud computing, recommending and assisting with the implementation of cloud-specific information security controls supplementing the guidance in ISO/IEC 27001 and other ISO27k standards.
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc.
Kyocera Document Solutions Inc. headquartered in Osaka, Japan is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including color and monochrome multifunctional products and printers and wide format devices. Kyocera's products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product.
The Kyocera Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allows customers to optimize and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment. Kyocera Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of Kyocera Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31, 2017, Kyocera Corporation's net sales totaled 1.42 trillion yen (approx. USD 12.7 billion).
- Customers except within EU
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc., Corporate Communication Section
- Customers within EU
KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe B.V.
- Kyocera Document Solutions Inc. ensures adherence to local data protection regulations. We have detected that your inquiry comes from within the EU. Therefore, due to the EU's General Data Protection Regulation, please note that your request will be forwarded to our regional headquarter: Kyocera Document Solutions Europe.