KYOCERA Completes a New Fully Automated Plant in China for OPC Photosensitive Drum production
Kyocera Document Solutions Inc. (President: Norihiko Ina), one of the world's leading document solutions companies, has announced that it has completed construction of a new plant for Organic Photo Conductor (OPC) drums in Dongguan, Guangdong, China, which has been under development since July 2017. The new plant was constructed on the property of Kyocera's major production site in China, KYOCERA Document Technology (Dongguan) Co., Ltd., (hereinafter, "the Plant").
As Kyocera's major production facility, the Plant produces OPC drums (consumable), multifunctional products (MFPs), and printers. With increasing orders for MFPs and printers,
it is imperative that Kyocera increase production of OPC drums used for mid and low speed machines. Kyocera decided to expand its production facility to meet the growing demand for
The new eco-friendly, three-story plant with a total floor area of 11,400m2, is equipped with recycling systems to treat drainage water and exhaust gases that are generated during the production process. By almost fully automating the manufacturing process, and introducing new production equipment, Kyocera plans to expand production capability by 2020 over 2.5 times the current capacity.
"Now we can secure the drum production capacity to satisfy increasing demand for MFPs and printers in emerging markets with the completion of this new plant. We will nevertheless further improve the overall productivity in the Plant, by actively promoting automation and adopting the Internet of Things (IoT) in the production of not only drums, but also MFPs and printers," said Susumu Komaki, General Manager, KYOCERA Document Technology Co., Ltd.,
Overview of 10th plant for OPC drums
KYOCERA Document Technology (Dongguan) Co., Ltd. 10th plant for OPC drums
Location Within the premises of the Plant Site Area 5,000m2 (about 100×50m） Total of Buildings 11,385m2 (steel framed, three-story building) Start of Construction July 2017 Start of Regular Production August 2018 Production Item
Overview of whole plant
Operation KYOCERA Document Technology (Dongguan) Co., Ltd. Address 3 Fang Zheng East Road, Shilong Town, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province, People's Republic of China Total Site Area 136,969m2 Total Floor Space of Buildings 231,823m2 greening ratio 21％ Number of Employees 5,789 (as of the end of August 2018) Business Description Manufacture of multifunctional products, printers and photoreceptor drums
- June 1999:
- Started manufacturing printers in a rented factory in Shilong, Dongguan, Guangdong, China.
- October 2001:
- Completed phase 1 construction of our own Shilong Plant in Shilong, Dongguan.
- December 2001:
- Established KYOCERA MITA Office Equipment (Dongguan) Co., Ltd. as a joint venture with a local Chinese company.
- May 2003:
- Completed phase 2 construction of the Shilong Plant (started production of OPC drums).
- August 2005:
- Completed phase 3 constriction of the Shilong Plant (expanded plant for OPC drums).
- April 2012:
- Renamed the company to KYOCERA Document Technology (Dongguan) Co., Ltd.
- August 2018:
- Completion of the 10th plant for OPC drums
- Customers except within EU
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc, Corporate Communication Division
- Customers within EU
KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe B.V.
- Kyocera Document Solutions Inc. ensures adherence to local data protection regulations. We have detected that your inquiry comes from within the EU. Therefore, due to the EU's General Data Protection Regulation, please note that your request will be forwarded to our regional headquarter: Kyocera Document Solutions Europe.