Together with the Community
Lying at the heart of everything we do at Kyocera Document Solutions is the concept of "Living Together." We value our connections with our society, our global community, and nature and wish to contribute to the advancement of society and humankind. All our Group companies are engaged in social contribution activities across the globe, such as environmental conservation and youth development, based on our belief that these connections will enrich our hearts.
Approach to Social Contribution Activities
Helping Solve Various Social Issues
At Kyocera Document Solutions, all our operations are based on the Kyocera Management Rationale, "Providing opportunities for the material and intellectual growth of all our employees, and through our joint efforts, contribute to the advancement of society and humankind," as well as the Kyocera Philosophy, which is distilled into a single criterion - "Do what is right as a human being." We have been committed to harmonious coexistence with our society with the principle of benefiting others, based on the most fundamental human values, such as fairness, equity, justice, effort, courage, benevolence, humility, and sincerity.
To put the Kyocera Philosophy and the principle of benefiting others into practice, we established the Social Contribution Committee in May 2007 and have been working for a resolution of various social issues in the local communities through our social contribution activities.
In Japan, as support for the healthy growth of children who will play the main role in the future, we have supported various events of the Federation of Osaka City Children's Social Welfare Facilities, as well as held on-site science classes at elementary schools in Osaka City and near the Plant. We are also working on eradicating invasive species in Lake Biwa, conserving rare species of butterflies, and reviving traditional Naniwa vegetables with the aim of conserving biodiversity. Our social contribution activities expand outside Japan. Our subsidiary in the U.S. donates toys to an organization that supports less fortunate children while our subsidiary in the Philippines engages in tree planting activity.
We will fulfill our responsibility as a corporate citizen who always supports the development of communities and societies, with awareness that a company is a member of society, and continue to serve the world and the people not only through our business but also through various social contribution activities.
Social Contribution Activities around the Globe
Visit the links below for more information about our social contribution activities around the Globe.
- KYOCERA Document Solutions' CSR
- Environmental report
- Efforts at Production Centers and Offices
- Efforts at Each Stage of Product Life Cycle
- Product Development Stage - ECOSYS Concept
- Raw Materials and Parts Procurement - Control of Chemical Substances Contained in Products
- Distribution - ECO Logistics
- Product Use - Evaluating the Environmental Impact of Products
- Product Use - Environmentally Friendly Products
- Product Use - Compliance with Environmental Labelling Requirements
- Product End of Life - Collection and Recycling of Used Toner Containers
- Social performance report
- Plant report
- Tamaki Plant (Mie, Japan)
- Hirakata Plant (Osaka, Japan)
- China Plant
- Vietnam plant
- Archived feature articles
- Feature in FY2019 : Efforts for Biodiversity Conservation
- Feature in FY2014 : Reformes to improve quality
- Feature in FY2013 : Social Contribution - "Aiming for a Society to Togetherness"
- Feature in FY2012 : Our pursuit of "Society/Environment-friendliness" crystallized into Smart MFPs
- Feature in FY2011 : Environmentally-conscious packaging design
- Shift to paper-based packaging materials-Started from the birth of Ecosys.
- With sufficient knowledge of both packaging materials and products, we were able to overcome the problems.
- Thorough verification and feedback have improved both products and packages.
- Pursuing higher goals, based on accumulated technologies.
- Feature in FY2010 : Social values of the TASKalfa series miltifunction products
- Feature in FY2009 : CSR activities at Kyocera Mita's Shilong Plant
- Feature in FY2008 : Kyocera Mita's environmental management centered on long-life-design printers and MFPs
- Download CSR Report